Thursday, February 19, 2009

The 2nd attempt:

Alright, here we are for the second entry. This week hasn't been to bad. It has gone by pretty fast for me however. It's been an interesting week. I am learning how to try and not let things bother me so much, what a challenge. I am a very sensitive person...opposite my closest friend and husband. I am trying to let them rub off on me. I think God allowed me to go through some challenges this week to help strengthen this. Let me be the first to say, it was challenging. There were a few times where I felt like some big punches were being thrown at me...not literally.
I am also learning to really try and think before I say anything. I have been told that I am getting a lot better...however, I let one slip this week...insert foot into mouth here.
Other than falling UP the stairs at work today and throwing my back and knee out...over all, this has not been too bad of a week. Youth group went great last night! I was really proud of our worship team. It was their first night playing live and they did great! They are all students and were all a little nervous, but I think they did great and I am just excited that we have students starting to take ownership in this youth group. Josh and I have been wanting that ever since we got here.
My birthday is coming up in 1 1/2 weeks...getting a little excited about it. It's not a special age or anything, I just love birthdays in general. It's not even the gifts, I don't know what it is...
Oh, and my parents are coming to visit next weekend! I am SO STOKED ABOUT IT! My dad hasn't been here since July and my mom hasn't been here since October of 2007. So I am very excited for them to come see us.
I am getting my hair colored Tuesday...I know I will have a few people lecture me for it. But I found out because my hair is not "virgin" hair I can't donate it for locks for love...I am still growing it out, but I just can't donate it. A girl that works at the bank with me is going to "play" with it on Tuesday or Thursday...it should be interesting.
Alright, nothing else new. My goal for this week is to continue to obey what the Bible says: "Be quick to listen and slow to speak..."

No comments:

Post a Comment